So, I’m officially a quarter of a century old today. The big 2-5. In celebration, I wanted to share with you a list of 25 Things to Do Before You Turn 25 to help inspire you to live big.
25 Before 25
- Move to a new city (preferably a whole new state).
- Learn about wine. Like really learn it so you know what bottles to not buy at the store (and impress your older relatives at family get-togethers).
- Do something you’ve never done before and keep doing a new thing each year.
- Figure out how to do your own taxes.
- Cook a 3-course meal for you and your friends. Go big or go home.
- Better yet, treat yourself to one of those fancy 10-course dinners out at a restaurant. Wear big pants.
- Re-visit a favorite place from your childhood.
- Buy house plants (and keep them alive).
- Spend a day playing tourist in your own city.
- Reconnect with an old friend and plan a time each month or two to talk with them.
- Go to a baseball game. Order a $15 beer and a $6 hotdog. Soak it all in.
- Ditch the boyfriend or girlfriend and go on a friends only trip.
- Go a week eating vegan. Or Paleo. Or vegetarian. Anything you’ve been wanting to try that challenges how you view food and health.
- Invest in the stock market, even if it’s just one $7 stock.
- Set up a retirement fund and actually contribute towards it.
- Do a mega clean of your closet and donate anything that you don’t wear. Start fresh!
- Visit a World Wonder (there’s 7, so you have some options!)
- Invest in your health and safety. Looking at you, health + renters + car insurance. Adulting sucks, I know.
- Stop buying Ikea furniture and decorate your apartment with quality materials.
- Collect something – anything. I like to collect art from travels to always keep those memories in my home.
- Get a pet. If you can’t have pets in your building, get a fish. Having an extra personality around is so very enriching, and you’ll love the feeling of keeping something else other than yourself alive.
- Have at least one really hot outfit on hand to whip out for a date or special occasion. The more red lipstick, the better.
- Visit a new country and spend a whole day getting lost in a new city.
- Eat the pizza. Always eat the pizza.
- Take time for an adventure. Use all your PTO at once for a roadtrip with friends, a workshop to learn a new skill or travel the ends of the earth. Anything. Experiences are worth more than things.
Here’s to 26!