I have no idea how it’s already almost mid-October. Where did time go??? Is it just me or does time really fly in the fall? Start of school, PSL craze, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday, Hanukkah, Christmas and then New Years Eve in a blink of an eye.
It’s all too quick! I’m excited for all these things because it’ll be the first year Robin and I celebrate the holidays together in our apartment (technically we moved in a few days before Christmas last year but our apartment was barren and didn’t feel at all like a home yet). I’m already looking forward to getting a tree even if it means 2015 would be over soon.
Anyways, enough with the holiday talk. It’s still only October! Here’s what’s on my mind this week:
- I’m Walking In A Fashion Show! Macy‘s and Emme, the first Plus-Size Super Model, paired up to host a fashion show to help women embrace their curves through plus size fashion. They’ve invited me to walk and also take part in a Twitter chat. I’m so excited to be part of this show – you guys know how much I love curves and supporting a body positive image! Join us on our Twitter chat on Friday the 16th at 1pm EST/ 10am PST with #MacysEmme to talk or if you’re in San Francisco, come to the fashion show at the Union Square Macy’s on the 24th at 2pm!
- Baseball Playoffs: I just can’t get into sports no matter how hard I try, but Robin’s whole world revolves around sports, so I’m always in the loop about what’s going down. Even though we both grew up in Wisconsin, Robin is a HUGE Cub’s fan (his Dad grew up in Chicago) and apparently it’s like a really big deal that they’re in the playoffs. Something about a billy goat curse and the Cubs not winning a World Series for years on years. So for my man, I’m crossing my fingers this month that the Cubs will at least make it to the World Series.
- This Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe: Found this on Pinterest and I can’t wait to try it out once I go grocery shopping. I’m not normally a huge fan of tomato soup, but they had me at bacon.
- Tall Fall Boots: I’ve been swapping out boots for sandals and booties since moving to San Francisco (the weather calls for it), but lately I’ve been craving a nice, tall boot. I’m currently eyeing this fringe pair, this duel colored pair and these babies.
- This little boy who’s dressing up as Elsa for Halloween. Yes, he’s a little late on the trend, but power to him. Also, apparently he asked his Dad go as Anna, who is like WAY better than Elsa in my opinion. And this remind me of how I have NO IDEA what I’m going as this year.
I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me with compensation for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.