This week Robin and I have been in a steady pattern after work. We do a quick yoga sesh, cook a fun dinner (my favorite was this goat cheese and onion tart), and then relax with a good TV show on the couch with the cat. The past 2 weekends were really busy for me, so I’ve been loving casual evenings. And there’s a lot coming up for us this next month – including a fun trip somewhere! – so I’m happy doing nothing while it lasts.
So, this week was a doozy for the world. Here’s what’s on my mind this week:
- Paris Attacks And World War: During the past week, my heart, along with the world, has been with the people of Paris. But it’s also been with the people in the Middle East. Did you know that a bomb went off in Beirut the day before the Paris attacks and killed 40 people? There’s a war going on in those countries and people are dying every day. As we all continue to offer support and love to France, please also remember that peace is needed in all parts of the world, too.
- Hunger Games Premiere: I’m a fan girl through and through. It’s been a tradition to go to midnight premieres of The Hunger Games with friends, but that’s not happening this year. I honestly totally dropped the ball on the opening date and am not going tonight. But I will be dragging Robin to a showing very soon. Sorry not sorry, Robin.
- Adele: From Hello to the new song/video she dropped this week, Adele has been on fire and I’ve been blasting her soul songs on LOUD lately.
- Alanis Morissette Updates ‘Ironic’ Lyrics: I just about died watching this.
- Kate Spade Rwanda Trip: I’ve been following along Meg Biram’s Snapchat adventures in Rwanda this week with Kate Spade (her Snapchat is @megbiram). Meg and a bunch of other blogger babes are there right now. All of Kate Spade’s things are made in Rwanda, mostly by women it seems. Africa is such a different place from the US and it’s been really interesting to see where the iconic brand is crafted.I think they’ll be there for a few more days, so add Meg on Snapchat and follow along!
What’s on your mind this week?