We’re hiring! Apply here!
Whimsy Soul is seeking an organized Freelance Editorial Content Manager to join our team. We expect the person filling this role may be an active VA or already have their own business managing content for bloggers. If that is applicable, please include your packages and information in the application.
This role will be focused on taking our editorial content to the next level, improving our content processes and working directly with our staff writers on content to get content up and live on the blog.
You will be spearheading our team of Whimsy Writers (freelance staff writers) by working directly with them to bring their posts to life. Tasks may include: managing a blog post content calendar, doing light SEO research on upcoming articles, creating briefs for our writers as needed, reviewing content and making minor edits as needed, uploading content into Wordpress so it’s ready to publish on time, and other project management tasks.
We’re nerdy about SEO and having some SEO knowledge is preferred, but we can train you if needed. The most important thing is the ability to learn how we practice SEO on blog posts quickly. We’re looking for someone who can learn fast and work fast, but most importantly, make our systems better. This is a chance to build a better work system on top of running one.
This is a freelance role starting at 10-20 hours a week with room to grow as our team grows.
- Serve as the editorial gatekeeper for all staff content to ensure quality, clarity, creativity, authenticity, and consistency.
- Improve our internal systems for reviewing & creating content.
- Edit and proofread copy of staff writer articles.
- Work with writers to assign them topics and briefs.
- Ensure SEO strategies are properly included in all content. A small amount of original writing may be needed, so strong writing skills is a must.
- Format content on Wordpress & prep for publishing.
- Source fair use images when needed.
- Brainstorm ideas for new content series.
Qualifications & Skills
- Mastery of English and ability to write in the Whimsy Soul brand style.
- Capable of editing the work of others.
- Past experience managing projects. Ideally managing content projects but we are open to other industry experience.
- Past experience editing written copy and writing original copy.
- Strong writer capable of creating interesting headlines and captivating meta copy.
- Fast learner.
- Self-starter & proactive problem solver. Must be able to work independently, recognize potential needs, and act on them before they arise.
- Excellent communication skills, as all of this role will be done remotely.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Using Wordpress.
- Age 18+
Preferred Knowledge Of The Following Tools
- Keyword search tools & SEO
- Google Docs
- Adobe Spark
- Basic HTML skills.
Additional Role Requirements & Information
- Must own a computer to use for this role.
- Must have steady, strong access to wifi to do job duties.
Whimsy Soul is a lifestyle blog founded in 2015 with the mission of helping women find their everyday magic. Here you can find detailed travel guides to help readers feel confident taking their PTO, size-inclusive fashion ideas, beauty reviews, cocktail recipes, wine and Netflix recommendations, and so so much more. We pride ourselves on continually providing relatable and attainable content for all. And we need your help making more of it.
Think you’ll be a great fit for our team as our first Editorial Content Manager? We can’t wait to hear from you! Apply here.