Question: What does the Instagram Rating mean on hotel review posts?
Well, have you ever booked a hotel just because you wanted to take cool photos for Instagram there? Because I sure have! Heck, I’ve traveled to cities just to stay at hotels because I thought the property had a really cool pool or statement mural or bathroom tiles and I wanted to take photos there.
I realized that I’m not the only one who gets giddy when a hotel has super colorful accent walls or funky decor, so I started including an Instagram Rating on hotel review posts. It’s out of 5. There’s some wiggle room, but for the most part, a hotel gets a star for exceptionally aesthetically pleasing aka Instagram worthy….:
- Property (how pretty and unique is the land the hotel sits on?)
- Outdoor communal space (swimming pool,backyards, patios, rooftop, etc)
- Indoor communal space (lobby, restaurants, etc)
- Bathrooms (most hotel bathrooms all look the same, but sometimes they stand out!)
- Instagram-worthy things (like funky sculptures, statement murals, etc – anything that almost feels like it was made to be photographed)
And of course, I sometimes judge a hotel’s Instagram worthiness score on how many Instagram photos I posted from that property. If it’s a LOT, then I know it deserves a 5. Basically, is it an Influencer’s playground? Then it’s 5.
Really, this rating is totally personal and has no real value to the service or offerings. I just know some of my readers travel to take photos, and that score helps people decide which hotels may lend to more Instagram photos!