My name is Kara. The short story is I’m just a Midwestern gal who ran away to San Francisco.
The long story: After college, mostly on a whim, I decided to take the leap and move across the country to start a new chapter in my life. Apartment hunting in San Francisco is really hard, so I started Whimsy Soul as creative outlet, something stable I could pour myself into every day. I also wanted a platform to share inspiration for other women, to help inspire them to embrace themselves and to explore the world around them.
Whimsy Soul is for you if…
someone has told you that you can’t wear certain types of clothes based on your body type/hair type/skin type and you said FUCK IT HATERS and rocked it anyways.
you believe there’s more out there than your small hometown.
you prefer flowy tops and dresses over tight bodycon deathtraps.
you have crazy stupid wonderful dreams that you chase every day.
you pick pizza over salad.
you spend a little too much money on shoes.
have this relentless wanderlust that can’t be tamed.
you pet every dog you meet on the street like a creeper.
you didn’t totally fit in during high school.
you always overpack because style can’t be compromised.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m addicted to chocolate. And cheese (hey, I’m from Wisconsin)
- My fiance and I own a very fat cat who shows up on my IG Stories more than I’d like to admit
- I prefer a good beer over a mixed drink any day
- I’m curvy and proud of it!
- My favorite Sunday hobby is binge watching Netflix. In my pjs. With snacks.
- I hate running but love long hikes
- I have a wanderlust soul and can’t help but always spend my savings on travel. Stick around to see where life takes me!