We’re hiring! Apply here!
Whimsy Soul is seeking an organized & creative Freelance Email Marketing Manager to join our team. We expect the person filling this role may be an active VA or already have their own business creating emails and workflows for other small businesses. If that is applicable, please include your packages and information in the application.
This role will be focused on taking our email marketing content & strategy next level. You will be overhauling our automated email workflows, creating ongoing weekly emails, and delivering great experiences through our email channel at key moments in our reader lifecycle.
You will be expected to both create strategies and execute strategies. This is both a data-driven and creative role.
This is a freelance role with a combination of one-time projects (ie setting up workflows) along with ongoing weekly work (ie creating a weekly newsletter).
- Create new automated workflows to engage and retain subscribers.
- Work with other team members to create lead magnets.
- Create weekly email newsletters as needed.
- Brainstorm ideas for new email content series.
- Analyze campaigns and make improvements on future campaigns to maximize engagement.
Qualifications & Skills
- Mastery of English and ability to write in the Whimsy Soul brand style.
- Experience using Flodesk.
- Past experience in email marketing.
- Fast learner.
- Self-starter & proactive problem solver. Must be able to work independently, recognize potential needs, and act on them before they arise.
- Experience with dynamic content and event-triggered email automations.
- Excellent communication skills, as all of this role will be done remotely.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Age 18+
Preferred Knowledge Of The Following Tools
- Adobe Spark or Canva
- Experience using email testing tools
Additional Role Requirements & Information
- Must own a computer to use for this role.
- Must have steady, strong access to wifi to do job duties.
Whimsy Soul is a lifestyle blog founded in 2015 with the mission of helping women find their everyday magic. Here you can find detailed travel guides to help readers feel confident taking their PTO, size-inclusive fashion ideas, beauty reviews, cocktail recipes, wine and Netflix recommendations, and so so much more. We pride ourselves on continually providing relatable and attainable content for all. And we need your help making more of it.
Think you’ll be a great fit for our team as our first Freelance Email Marketing Manager? We can’t wait to hear from you! Apply here.