We’re hiring! Apply here!
Whimsy Soul is seeking a talented Freelance Staff Writer to join our team! Your mission is to write original blog posts for whimsysoul.com around topics such as:
- mental health
- home decor
- pop culture
- And more!
You don’t need to be an expert or passionate about all these topics, just at least one of them that you can own.
Hired writers/bloggers will be tasked with writing assigned articles, and expected to pitch ideas, too. We’re looking for someone who can learn fast, work fast and jump on trends or stories quickly. We’re nerdy about SEO and experience writing around a keyword is preferred.
This is a freelance role with pay based on a per-article basis, with a minimum of 1 article per month but room for more. This is a remote job – candidates can be based anywhere across the United States.
- Write at least 1 new blog post per month.
- Edit and proofread your copy.
- Work with assigned topics and also pitch your own new content ideas.
- Research keywords for posts.
- Source fair-use photos and occasionally create original photos for your posts.
- Brainstorm ideas for new content series.
Qualifications & Skills
- Mastery of English and ability to write in the Whimsy Soul brand style.
- Capable of editing work.
- Strong writer capable of creating interesting headlines and captivating copy.
- Fast learner.
- Self-starter & proactive problem solver. Must be able to work independently, recognize potential needs, and act on them before they arise.
- Excellent communication skills, as all of this role will be done remotely.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Photography skills are a plus.
- Age 18+
Preferred Knowledge Of The Following Tools
- Keyword search tools & SEO
- Google Docs
- Adobe Spark
Additional Role Requirements & Information
- Must own a computer to use for this role.
- Must have steady, strong access to wifi to do job duties.
Whimsy Soul is a lifestyle blog founded in 2015 with the mission of helping womxn find their everyday magic. Here you can find detailed travel guides to help readers feel confident taking their PTO, size-inclusive fashion ideas, beauty reviews, cocktail recipes, wine and Netflix recommendations, and so so much more. We pride ourselves on continually providing relatable and attainable content. And we need your help making more of it.
Think you’ll be a great fit for our team as our next Freelance Staff Writer/Blogger? We can’t wait to hear from you! Apply here.