In the last couple of years, I’ve been working on fine tuning my morning routine. Drawing inspiration from podcasts like Healthier Together, books like Atomic Habits and lots of YouTube videos, I feel I’ve found my groove.
My biggest learning has been the things that work for others might not work best for me. I’ve also found it really helps as a form of “habit stacking” to ensure I make time for things that make me feel good and in turn make me more productive. While I have a general practice down, my morning routine still ebbs and flows as inspiration strikes.
For example, I added a daily yoga practice back in January following Yoga with Adriene’s 30 Day Yoga Journey, and I love her monthly calendars. As life got busier in the past couple months, my yoga practice has faltered, but I’m working to add it back in the mix!
7 Morning Rituals For A Productive Day From The Whimsy Soul Team
A great motivation tool for building a morning routine is learning from others, so we asked the Whimsy Soul team to share their morning routines!
- Wake up
- Walk in the park
- TikTok scrolling
- Day planning
- Wake up
- Make a cup of seasonal tea
- Pull an oracle card
- Journal on today’s moon phase and oracle card
- Write down 5 things I’m grateful for
- Wake up naturally before my alarm most days
- 20ish minutes catching up on DMs, comments from IG and TikTok
- Twyla begs to be held so I carry her to the kitchen to make coffee (iced with lavender simple syrup)
- Sitting in bed while Robin still sleeps (he gets up about an hour after me) and use this time for whatever I want that day (writing, reading, planning my work day).
- Get ready for the day (dressed and makeup)
- Wake up
- Make coffee
- Check phone
- Make Breakfast
- Wash face
- Brush teeth
- Take a shower
- Fix hair
- Check Laptop
- I love to sit on Kara around 5-6am but once I realize she’s awake I immediately run away.
- I wait until she gets out of bed then she gives me a lot of head rubs and refills my food!
- We make coffee together in the kitchen and if I’m feeling nice I’ll let her pick me up.
- I always get excited when Robin eventually wakes up (about an hour after Kara) and I do zoomies all around the apartment until I get tired and take my first morning nap.
- Wake up around 7:30
- Play Wordle
- Go for a walk/hike or swim laps
- Drink a green smoothie and then coffee while catching up on messages
- Get to work!
ICYMI: Your Morning Routine Starter Kit
If you haven’t signed up for the Whimsy Soul Newsletter, this is your sign ✨ Last week, we shared 12 essentials to inspire your morning routine including coffee, crystals and supplements! Here’s what we shared: