We’re big foodies and home cooks over here at Whimsy Soul, and while not every guest who comes through the doors of our cabin is going to be as nerdy about cooking as we are, we still wanted to make sure we equipped the kitchen with top-notch tools.
And, ideally, they would be non-toxic, non-stick and dishwasher safe (who else loves Airbnbs with dishwashers so you can just toss it in and check out!?)
We’ve been using the Kana Milo Dutch Oven, Ultimate Skillet and stainless steel baking sheets for about a month so it’s time I shared my honest Kana review with you!
Kana Review: The Cookware I Stocked In The Cabin
These are the Kana cookware items we got in the cabin! Everything is in the Eucalyptus color which is this darling blue-green that adds the perfect touch of color to our cooking.
That’s a big reason I loved Kana – they have tons of fun colors so you can get just what you need!
The Kana cast iron skillet delivers quality heat distribution, even cooking, and durability without the complicated care rituals of raw cast iron. Ready to go out of the box, this cast iron pan is oven-safe to 500℉ (260℃), compatible with all stovetops, including induction and ceramic, and is even dishwasher friendly!
Multi-purpose and ready to tackle a slew of kitchen challenges, the Kana nesting bakeware helps you maximize cupboard space while enjoying your kitchen rituals. A durable alternative to stoneware, it's thoughtfully designed to move from heat source to the table gracefully—it's a cake pan, grillware, and serveware all rolled into one
These high performance, non-stick parchment paper rounds feature easy-lift tabs for ultimate baking convenience. Kana's baking parchment paper is environmentally friendly and coated with a natural silicone, giving them a greaseproof finish that offers a healthier way to bake.
Kana Milo Dutch Oven Review
The Kana Milo Dutch Oven is a versatile and elegant piece of cookware that combines both style and functionality. It’s dishwasher safe and can be used on the stovetop, oven and is dang good looking for serving dishes up.
The Kana Milo Dutch Oven is made from high-quality cast iron, ensuring even heat distribution and excellent heat retention, making it ideal for slow cooking, braising, roasting, and more. It can be used up to 500 degrees!
With its durable construction and user-friendly features, the Kana Milo Dutch Oven promises to be a reliable kitchen companion for many years to come which is just what we need in an Airbnb – we can’t be replacing things every year.
So far Robin has been using our Kana Dutch oven to bake a lot of sourdough loaves and he also made a pot of chili (it’s been too hot to want to do many soups these days!) It cooked everything perfectly and cleaned like a dream. You wouldn’t even know that it’s been used.
Pros of the Kana Milo Dutch Oven:
- Outstanding Heat Retention: The cast iron construction of the Kana Milo Dutch Oven ensures exceptional heat retention, allowing for even cooking and flavorful results.
- Versatile Cooking Abilities: From simmering stews to baking bread, the Kana Milo Dutch Oven excels in a wide range of cooking techniques, making it a versatile addition to any kitchen.
- Stylish Design Options: With various vibrant colors to choose from, the Kana Milo Dutch Oven adds a touch of elegance to your kitchen, doubling as a stylish serving dish for your table.
- Durable Build: Built to last, this Dutch oven can withstand high temperatures and frequent use, making it a durable investment for avid cooks.
- Compatible with Multiple Heat Sources: The Kana Milo Dutch Oven is suitable for use on various heat sources, including gas, electric, ceramic, induction, and even open flame.
- Easy-to-Clean Enamel Coating: The interior enamel coating prevents food from sticking and makes cleaning a breeze, saving time and effort after each use.
Cons of the Kana Milo Dutch Oven:
- Hefty Weight: Due to its cast iron construction, the Kana Milo Dutch Oven is heavy. I can easily use it but it is heavier than a standard pot.
- Higher Price Point: Compared to some other Dutch ovens on the market, the Kana Milo Dutch Oven may have a higher price tag, though its quality justifies the cost.
- Handles Can Get Hot: Just like all Dutch ovens, the handles do get hot so you have to use oven mitts.
Kana Ultimate Skittle Review
The Ultimate Skillet is another pan I’m pumped to have in the cabin! Just like the Dutch oven sister, it’s made from cast iron to last for ages. Mine has a gloss enamel finish on the exterior and a black satin enamel finish on the interior. It’s really pretty.
I love cooking things like Shakshuka and egg bakes for breakfast, which is perfect to do in pans like this. It’s also wonderful for basic pan frying.
Pros of the Kana Ultimate Skillet:
- High Heat Retention: It’s cast iron to hold outstanding heat retention which means better cooking than a regular pan.
- Oven or Stove Safe: Skillets like this are made to be used on the stovetop or popped into an oven to finish off baking. It’s safe up to 500 degrees!
- Stylish Design Options: It comes in tons of colors, just like the rest of the Kana line!
- Dishwasher Friendly: While we prefer to handwash our Kana pans, you can put it in the dishwasher if you want!
- Pre-Cut Parchment Shapes: Kana offers pre-cut parchment shapes that fit perfectly into the bottom of your skillet for easy baking!
Cons of the Kana Ultimate Skillet:
- Hefty Weight: Due to its cast iron construction, the Kana Ultimate Skillet is heavier than a normal frying pan.
- Handles Can Get Hot: Since it’s a skittle, the handles do get hot so you have to use oven mitts.
Kana Stainless Steel Baking Sheets & Pans Review
Confession: for our apartment back in San Francisco, I haven’t gotten new baking sheets for years and I kinda forgot what wonderful brand new (and quality!) baking sheets looked like.
I instantly bought a Kana set for ourselves to use at home since Kana’s steel baking sheets are not only beautiful but insanely durable.
My favorite aspect is the grate that comes with a rack so you can use that feature for all sorts of things – bbq, veggies, meats and anything else that needs to drop a little into the pan.
They also sell round pans for baking cakes or pies.
Pros of the Kana Stainless Steel Bakingsheets & Round Pans:
- Non-Toxic: It’s made from non-toxic stainless steel.
- BBQ Friendly: These pans can be used on an open flame for you to get the perfect cook on anything! They can be used up to 1000 degrees (wow!)
- Commercial Grade: The Kana pans are actually suited for commercial use so you know they are heavy duty and made to last ages.
- Dishwasher Friendly: Pop these into the dishwasher for an easy cleanup.
- Pre-Cut Parchment Shapes: Kana offers pre-cut parchment shapes that fit perfectly into the bottom of your sheets for easy baking!
Cons of the Kana Stainless Steel Bakingsheets & Round Pans:
- No Round Sheet: I would love to see Kana come out with a round sheet pan for cooking pizzas!
So, that’s my review of the Kana sheets and pans! They’re so beautiful but also functional and I can’t wait for our guests to use them.
You’re going to love them, too!