I’ve always been really fascinated by Beauxbaton and Durmstrang. I love the additional storyline of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them but I also want to dive into the world of this all-girls French magical school. So, since I’m deep into reliving Harry Potter, I made a Beauxbatons Horses inspired cocktail.
This whisky and lavender cocktail packs a floral punch that I think Madame Maxime would approve of. Keep reading for the recipe!
Beauxbatons Horses Lavender Single Malt Cocktail Recipe
Honestly, a truly “correct” Beauxbatons Horses cocktail would literally just be single-malt whisky neat, since that’s what Hagrid provides them as mentioned in The Goblet Of Fire when they visit Hogwarts. But hey, this is a Harry Potter cocktail series, we have to jazz it up more!
Again, I wish we knew more about Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. I’ve always imagined their chateau had lavender fields somewhere on those expansive gardens briefly mentioned. Or, maybe I just follow too many wanderbabes on Instagram who go to France in the summer to take photos of lavender fields (wait I did that – but in California haha!)
So, this cocktail merges the magical winged horses’ favorite drink with lavender with the help of homemade lavender simple syrup. You can mix in as much or as little as you like so if you aren’t a huge Scotch Whiskey or Bourbon drinker you can add more than perhaps me or Robin would. Then, toss in an ice cube if you want and you have yourself a Beauxbatons Horses cocktail.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon edible lavender buds / culinary lavender
- 1oz Homemade lavender simple syrup (above ingredients)
- 2 oz Single Malt Scotch Whiskey or Aged Bourbon
- Ice cube (optional)
Homemade Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe
- Boil sugar, water and lavender buds together until the sugar melts.
- Leave on low for another 5-10 minutes to let the lavender buds flavor release.
- Take off heat & let cool.
We like to make a big batch & keep it in the fridge for a cocktail. PS - this can be used for coffee, too!
Beauxbatons Horses Cocktail Recipe
- Make the homemade lavender simple syrup and let cool
- Add the scotch and syrup together. Taste test & add more syrup based on our preferences!
- Add an ice cube if you want but that is optional. Enjoy!