Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great year 🙂 For me, 2015 was a whirlwind of ups and downs, but I have a feeling that 2016 is going to be a great one. This was my first year in San Francisco! Instead of rounding up fun links this week, I wanted reflect on this past year with you, share the highlights and some plans for 2016.
- Starting Whimsy Soul was probably the highest the the highs in 2015. Through this blog I’ve meet wonderful friends, found my voice in writing, been able to attend events across the city and talk with you amazing readers each day. I’m so looking forward to growing Whimsy Soul even more this year. Can’t wait to see where she takes me.
- Visiting Napa Valley on Valentines Day with Robin – we both had wicked colds but it was our first time up and we made the best of it.
- Hiking down to Marshall’s Beach during sunset (the warm light was so beautiful!)
- Meeting local blogger gals at various events and starting a brunch meet up with them! It’s so great sharing tips and advice with other bloggers and making connections.
- My bestie Mel and Colin visiting from Minneapolis. We explored San Francisco together and had a killer fun day in Napa.
- Exploring Carmel by the Sea and picking up golf balls from Pebble Beach with Robin. We collected about 8 golf balls! And I declared that some day we’ll go back and play a round of golf there. Says the girl who hasn’t hit a golf ball for probably 15 years.
- Visiting home (Wisconsin) for Robin’s sister’s wedding and dancing the night away under the stars after the reception. It was great stopping by all my old favorite spots.
- Hiking 9 miles in the Muir Woods for my birthday and visiting Lagunitas Brewery afterwards. Well deserved beers!
- Taking our first holiday card photo at the Golden Gate Bridge on Thanksgiving morning. We found a new tradition!
- Roadtripping to Santa Monica for a little sun and beach time.
- Visiting Seattle for Christmas and eating all the fresh seafood and craft beer my body could handle.
- Having our first Christmas just the two of us and sharing both of our family traditions. I’m now totally sold on Chinese food on Christmas eve.
Yes, 2015 was a whirlwind and packed with tons of great memories. For 2016 I’m looking forward to more great shoots and blog posts, travels (currently planning out one with my family and one with Melanie to amazing places), hoping to stick to an actual workout plan and learning to cook the perfect stake. What was your favorite part of this year? Looking forward to anything in 2016? Leave a comment below!
Happy New Year!!