You are such a romantic, Libra! You dream of European vacations, days spent wandering museums and ancient sites, and romantic, candlelit dinners with your sweetheart. Vacationing is a romantic endeavor for you and you’re always looking for a gorgeous spot to getaway for a weekend, (or for a honeymoon).
Travel Next: Ireland or Portugal
Fairytale castles and champagne with your beloved are on the itinerary!
If you’re looking for castles and romance in spades… road trip it around Ireland! The landscapes really are that green and there are castles around basically every bend in the road.
If you prefer more of a magical, coastal vibe… you must check out Porto, Portugal! There are museums and cathedrals galore, incredible food, river cruises, and seriously gorgeous sunsets. Plus, of course, you have to do a port tasting while you’re there!
Ireland At A Glance
Lush green hills dotted with sheep and random castles, luxury estates turned hotels, tons of beer and like, the friendliest people you’ll ever meet. Ireland is magic on earth and such a fairytale sort of place to visit on a long raod trip around the country.
- Where To Stay: Our favorite estate-turned-hotel is Lyrath Estate (that hot tub overlooking the countryside!!) But there are also tons of Irish castle hotels you can splurge on to really feel like royalty.
- Best Time To Visit: Summer for long daylight hours or fall for autumn colors to start peeping through the landscapes.
- Must Do Thing: Drive around the Ring of Kerry, a famous loop that will take you through mountains, along the shoreline, past tons of cute villages and old Celtic ruins.
Porto, Portugal At A Glance
Tucked on the western side of Portugal is the charming city of Porto which features the Duoro River cutting through it (which is perfect for sunset cruises, by the way). We love wandering these streets, visiting hidden gems like a literal castle tower overlooking the river, and drinking local Port Wine.
- Where To Stay: The Gran Cruz hotel is near all the best tourist hot spots and is super cute. Some rooms even overlook the river!
- Best Time To Visit: May-September to avoid the rainy season.
- Must-Do Activity: If you’re a Harry Potter fan, you simply must check out Livraria Lello, the bookstore that inspired JK Rowling!