Scottsdale is one of our favorite cities in the United States. It’s colorful, hot, the locals are nice, the margaritas are tasty and the Arizona desert landscape is simply magic.
And there are some stunning Airbnbs there… if you know where to look. Hunting down the best of one of my favorite cities in the country sounded like a fun afternoon activity – so here are the coolest, most unique Airbnbs in Scottsdale to visit in person for the perfect desert weekend getaway.!
I’m also super picky when it comes to Airbnbs. I judge a cool house based on the style, amenities, previous ratings/ reviews, and overall experience I think it’ll bring to my vacation. If the space is worth the drive alone, then I want to book that Airbnb. (Otherwise, I usually opt for hotels.)
Where To Stay In Scottsdale: Neighborhood Breakdown
Here’s the thing: Scottsdale is shaped kinda funny. It’s long and thin like a rectangle. That means it could take you easily 45+ minutes to drive from one end to the other of town. I can attest that those Uber rides easily get into the $50+ range so you’ll want to book strategically to make sure you aren’t blowing all your time and budget getting to the places you want to be.
That’s why I definitely recommend choosing an Airbnb near the locations you’ll be spending the most time in. I’ll be noting the neighborhood on this list to help you!
If you’ll be spending most of your time eating out, bar hopping or shopping, then Airbnbs within walking distance to Old Town Scottsdale or Downtown Scottsdale will be your best bet. This way you can cut down on rideshare costs and just walk!
If you’ll be out in the desert hiking a lot or hoping to just spend a lot of time by the pool unwinding, then a private home further out in nature will be amazing. If you’re heading to town for Spring Training, you’ll want to be near the stadiums to make it easy.
Not Sure If A Scottsdale Airbnb Is For You? We Love These Scottsdale Hotels, too!
I hope this list helps you find some fun Scottsdale vacation rentals to choose from! But, if you’re unsure if you want an Airbnb or hotel, here are our favorite Scottsdale hotels to consider (we’ve spent nights at each of them, they’re all great options!)
- CIVANA: a stunning, approachable wellness hotel way out in the desert with one of the most beautiful spa pool views I’ve ever seen.
- Omni: This sprawling resort looks like it was plucked out of Spain and placed in Scottsdale.
- Phoenician: We love their high tea and restaurants!
- Hotel Valley Ho: Funky, colorful hotel within walking distance to Old Town. Tons of history!
Things To Do In Scottsdale
We’ve been to Scottsdale many times and never get bored with things to do. Here are my go-to Scottsdale activities:
- Hikes through the desert (McDowell Sonoran Reserve is always fun!)
- Lazy brunches before an afternoon by the pool (some faves are SumoMaya, Farm Craft, Prep & Pastry, Hash Kitchen, New Wave Market)
- Bike rides around town (vintage cruisers or pedal pubs are fun!)
- Sunrise hot air balloon rides over the desert
- Soaking in all the art (Wonderspace, Canal Convergence)
- Holiday desert botanical light show
- Spa treatments (favorite spa is at CIVANA & Omni)
I have a LOT of blog posts and guides around Scottsdale things to do so you can plan the perfect trip. Check these out for even more ideas on fun things to do during your trip!
- Mega Scottsdale Travel Guide
- The perfect Scottsdale Bachelorette Party Weekend Guide
- Hotel Valley Ho Review
- My hot air balloon ride in Arizona
Lastly, if you have time I highly recommend you add on a few days of your trip to drive up to Sedona. Sedona is a crazy beautiful city tucked among towering Red Rocks. People come there for the spiritual power of the vortexes and crystal shops, but it also makes a fantastic hiking trip followed by lazy afternoons by the pool of your dome house Airbnb.
I hope this helps you find the perfect Scottsdale Airbnb for your desert getaway and fun things to do while you’re in town! If you have any questions at all, leave a comment below or DM me on Instagram @thewhimsysoul and I’ll be happy to help!