Picture this: you just spent the day sipping on world-class cabernets at world glass wineries with your besties. Now you’re back at your stunning Airbnb in Napa Valley putting together a cheese board to nom on next to the outdoor fireplace while watching the sunset over the vineyards…
I’m spoiled by living next door to California wine country and that means I visit a LOT, and know all the good spots. Including the best Napa Valley Airbnbs so you can plan an epic wine tasting trip to the valley. And I’m sharing them with you.
Grab Your Wine: These Are The 8 Best Napa Valley Airbnbs
I judge a cool Airbnb based on style/decor, the location, price and value, extra perks (like coffee or a hot tub) and just overall vibes. And when it comes to a beautiful place like Napa, you deserve a beautiful house to come back to.
Booking an Airbnb is hands down the best option if you are coming with a large group (multiple couples, a family, bachelorette party, etc) so you all have space or are staying for a whole week. This way you can cook meals and cut down on eating out costs (and save the coin for bringing home more wine!) These are all Airbnbs I’ve stayed at personally or think – with my professional local opinion – would make great home bases for your napa valley vacations. Let’s go!
Where To Stay In Napa Valley – Inside Tips
Here’s the thing about Napa Valley – it’s freaking HUGE! And people who are first time visitors to Napa County have a hard time grasping the landscape. On a day without traffic, it takes me easily 45-60 minutes to drive from the north end (Calistoga) to the Southern end (Downtown Napa) but on a busy weekend day? Oh boy, easily twice that long.
That’s why it’s important to book Napa Rental homes near the region you are wine tasting in so you aren’t spending half your days in the car. My personal two favorite cities to stay in are St. Helena and Calisgota, but each town has a different vibe.
- Downtown Napa: The largest “city” so more urban. Tasting rooms, restaurants, bars and hotels are all within walking distance to each other so you don’t have to rent a car. A good option if you plan on bar hopping or hitting the food scene hard.
- Yountville: Very bougie and gorgeous little town. Has some fantastic restaurants but does get a bit sleepy at night.
- St. Helena: A super fun town with a fun downtown main street with shops, cafes and restaurants. It’s in the heart of some of my favorite wineries and it’s easy to pop around to tasting appointments.
- Calistoga: Sometimes it’s hard to believe Calistoga is in Napa Valley as it’s so different from the other towns. Very quirky and full of trees. Plus, this is where you can find all those famous Napa hot springs and mud baths.
Best Hotels In Napa Valley
Didn’t find the perfect Airbnb? That’s ok! Napa Valley has some AMAZING hotels. Some of my favorite Northern California resorts are located here in wine country – think beautiful mansions next to vineyards, charming inns with pools, etc. I think Napa Valley hotels are best to book when you are visiting on short weekend trips (1-2 nights) and with a smaller group under 4 and staying all in one room.
I love zipping up to wine country with my girlfriends for a fun weekend of pool days and wine tasting. I also love to come with my husband for a more romantic, relaxed Napa vacations. These are my top favorite Napa hotels that I’ve stayed at personally that I know you’ll love too!
- Solage Calistoga (with amazing pools – yes, pools as in plural)
- Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa (quirky and has a great spa)
- Las Alcobas: Get the ground-floor rooms that are steps away from vineyards.
- Andaz Napa: Downtown Napa hotel literally footsteps from all the good stuff.
- North Block Hotel: Looks like it was plucked right out of Italy.
I hope this helps you book the best Airbnb in Napa Valley for your crew! If your favorite Airbnb Napa liting didn’t make the list, drop a comment below so everyone can see. And, if you have any questions about fun things to do in Napa or tips, drop a comment or DM me on Instagram @thewhimsysoul and I’ll try to help out!
In the meantime…